Holland-Turkey: Stage 4

Turkey Travel Blog

A sunset over Istanbul

Two days after my arrival in Turkey I reached the ending point of my journey: Asia. In 2,5 weeks time I crossed Europe by train and by bus, and the ferry across the Bosporus now took me to another continent. But before I went home of course I wanted to have a look in the interesting city in both Europe and Asia: Istanbul.

Istanbul really is a world apart: as many inhabitants as in the whole of Holland, incredible big and of course a very rich history that is visible on every corner of the street. I the centre you find the great monuments like the Blue Mosque and the Topkapi Palace, but no matter in which direction you go from there, everywhere you find other old buildings that are built in every architectural era you can think of. I only spent four days in the city, so it was not possible to see everything, but even if you spend four months in Istanbul, still you will never be able to see all there.

After Istanbul I also spent a few days on the Black Sea coast having some nice parties, camp fires and sightseeing tours. Some nice, relaxed days before flying back home: the end of a three weeks journey through Europe was there...

With my date in Kiyiköy, Turkey