Travel Day

Phuket Travel Blog

Today was the big day! On my way to Phuket!

Of course just to give me a little headache my plane was late leaving from shanghai, which caused me to miss my connecting flight in bangkok.  No problem, i met 2 people already who will be in thailand the same time as myself, one from france, and the other from USA by way of GA.  While waiting to see if I  could make the last flight to Phuket I had the company of my new friend from GA while enjoying my first Thai meal in the airport. Boy it was great. I will say though that in fear of the food being to hot i asked for food that was not spicy, that was the spiciest not spicy food ice ever had. I was great though.  I also had one of me favorit thai desserts the mango and sticky rice! It was really delicious, the mango was amazing.

Once I got to Phuket it was past 12 at night, i walked straight to the shuttle counter, not from lack of a mob of people trying to recruit taxi passengers. In fact the gentleman who helped me with my cart was hanging around saying he would help me put my luggage on the cart and he would take me to the taxi at the luggage carousel. I dont know if this was legit, but I kindly told him that I would arrange my own travel and thanked him. No problems there.

The trip in the shuttle went by without a hitch, besides me trying to get in on the wrong side of the car. I forgot in thailand they drive on the other side of the road.  I am sure that the driver got a laugh at this because he asked me if I was going to drive, in the nicest possible way of course.

So the trips off to a good start, its 4 am and im ready for bed finally.

Before I go thought mostly for my sake Ill list the things i look forward to doing while im here...

Elephant trakking
ATV'ing
Snorkeling
Parasailing
Jet Skiing
Visiting Monkey Island
Perhaps Visiting Tiger Zoo

And on top of all this I want to master motorcycling around. its about 250 to rent a motorcycle ( or at least the nice french guy smooshed next to me in the packed van says so) for 24 hrs. Which is great bc 1 way from the airport i paid 180 baht.  So 250 is pretty much a steal.  Anyway, Im out for the count tonight! Ill be dreaming of the many adventures to come!

Ari

ariluvs2travel says:
I overheard a traveller getting an offer of 500 baht for 1 days rental at the same place i got my bike. I tipped him off, to the price but do not pay 1baht over 250. This is the highest price you should pay anywhere in phuket.
Posted on: Feb 23, 2010
Phuket Hotels & Accommodations review
Day 1 of my adventure! Jang Resort!
I was booked to stay at the Seeka Resort, however my flight was delayed, and i missed my layover. In a nutshell I arrived at 2am, and Seeka was booked… read entire review