Kuala Lumpur - Dec08

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

KL... I love it!! This place has got sooooo much to offer. A fusion of Muslim/Hindu/Buddhism, great architecture, fantastic shopping, busyness of a major city and lots to do. I tried to extend my accommodation by one night, and head back to Singapore on Friday, but unfortunately the train is all booked out. Will have to leave tomorrow instead. What a shame!

The Marriott Renaissance looks straight over the Petronis Towers (KL's twin towers) - the tallest twin structure in the world. Majestic! They also have the KL Tower (like Sydney's Centrepoint), that sits tall in the middle of a park.

I was dying for my first cup of decent coffee. Walking through the shopping centres, I spotted a Dome, and made a quick dive for it. I was in heaven - it was the BEST coffee I've ever had - even international roast would've been up there, with the samples I've tried over the past week and half.

Hence, when I get back to Perth, I'm open to any coffee date anyone will offer me. Any bids?! Did you know that Dome Cafe's is a great success story from a woman in Perth?!

I've been making my way around on foot or public transport, which has been great. It gives a great opportunity to really see the city, and it's so easy to get around - they have rapid transport trains & buses, a monorail and a hop on/hop off service. Went to Batu Caves this morning, which are stunning. Climbed the 300 steps to the top, where there are Indian temples, monkeys and a huge chamber. It's about 45mins from here, and while taxi drivers try to encourage you to go with them (saying it's the only way to get there), I managed to find a bus that took me there for MYR2 (95c) each way.