Day 3, Snorkling at Hanauma Bay

Hanauma Bay Travel Blog

Day three was our Snorkeling adventure in Hanauma Bay! Everyone met at Keith's house and we headed out from there. The weather was perfect. Keith was gracious enough to lend us some of his snorkeling gear. We saw a brief movie before heading down to the reef. The water was so blue and clear. Before heading into the water Keith, Sara, Virginia, and I decided to grab something to eat.

We then headed back down, ate and headed into the water. Keith also lent me his underwater camera to snap some photos, but I still haven't found out it I successfully caught any wildlife. Sara on the other hands took some nice photos. I'm waiting on her blog.

We snorkeled for a few hours and then when to the Kona Brewery for Lunch. I started off with the Pipeline Porter which is dark and malt flavored like Guinness but they add Kona Coffee to give it a smooth rich coffee flavor...I highly recommend it!! Don't mean to sound like a beer connoisseur, just love my beer! I then ordered the Big Wave Shrimp Melt with a side of green papaya slaw!

After we went back to Keith's house and Virginia, Lola, Rosie and I hike up Mariner's Ridge above Keith's house. I had such great time with the girls. Beautiful company on a beautiful hike...! We had a great view of the ocean and marina below. We then headed back down to the house and got ready for our dinner at Dukes Restaurant.

I raced back to the hotel to change and was the last to meet everyone up at the restaurant. The ambiance was great! I ordered the Prime Teriyaki Sirloin with mash Potatoes. The dinners also came with an all-you-can-eat salad bar. We were serenaded with Hawaiian music during dinner. We then moved to a table on the patio where we finished out dinner with some drinks. The patio was right against the beach and lit by tiki torches.

Some of us decided to call it a night while others decided to finish out the night at Senor Frogs. Keith's wife Karen, Virginia, Lola, Marianne, and I walked to Senor Frogs. We started off with several shots and beer. Once again, Virginia downed a couple of Tequila Shots with me, while Lola and Marianne drank Surfer's on Acid, beer, and Sex on the Beach. Everyone got their groove on!

Teriyaki Steak and Mash Potatoes
Teriyaki Steak and Mash Potatoes
Keith is practicing aromatherapy!
Keith is practicing aromatherapy!
Keith and Karen