Full of Charm - Croatia - June 2010

Croatia Travel Blog

We arrived in Croatia via a Ferry Boat from Venice, Italy. It was a great way to be introduced to this Beautiful and Charming Country! Our Ferry arrived at sunset to the small sea-side villiage of Rovinj, Croatia in the Northern {Isteria} Region. I made up my mind immediately, that Croatia was my kind of place!

It is so unspoiled.....so Storybook! Complete with small sea-side villages, wild-flowers, crystal-clear water, Natural Parks {with waterfalls!}...and I kid you not, even the air smells sweet!

We rented a car and drove from the Isteria {Northern Region} and stopped along the way in.....Pula....where they have the Pula Arena {Roman Aphitheatre}......then, onto Opatija......Baska on the Island of Krk....Plitvicka Jerzera {Nationial Park}...Split....Bol {on the Island of Brac}.....Markaska.....drove through a small part of Bosnia...then ending Dubrovnik! It was such a gorgeous drive....I took so many photos, because I just couldn't get over the unspoiled beauty, and the Adriatic Sea which was such a beautiful color blue...and so clear - you could literally see the fish on the bottom!

SheLuvz2Fly says: