AsiaMaldivesMale

Useful Information

Male Travel Blog

As a traveler I feel to gather certain information about the place before I travel. Even about the case of Maldives, I did my same routine. I believe this could be useful to you as well.
Capital:                      Male'
Official Language:      Divehi
Currency:                   Maldivian Rufiyaa (MVR)
Time Zone:                 (UTC) +5
ISD Code:                  960
Driving on the:           Left
Visa:                           Free 30 days visa upon arrival for all visitors
Attraction:                  Sun, sand, and sea.
Find accommodation: http://www.maldiveshotels.mv
Things to do:              Learn and share with people, Diving, photography, snorkeling, surfing, Whale & Dolphin watching, Fishing, island hopping, and may be you can define some new activities for all of us.

Africancrab says:
Thanks for sharing
Posted on: Feb 11, 2010
kalpita says:
Really useful
Posted on: Feb 09, 2010
We were all set to fly. Our tickets were arranged with Indian Airlines and we were in Trivandrum Airport well ahead of our boarding time. We were eager to see the praised paradise in Indian Ocean. After obtaining boarding pass and completing immigration checks we were waiting at the lounge. We didn't wait much to receive the announcement for Indian Airlines flying to Male'. There were many Maldivians who were traveling with us but to my surprise we were given preference to be in the flight. I have realized that the ill-fate of Indians in other airports are the results of this consideration that we offer to our guests.
At sharp 12:00pm our Pilot welcomed us and announced the journey. After almost an hour in the air, receiving the hospitality of crew members, we could spot islands. The first sight of the first island gave us a feeling of pleasure and anxiety through our veins. But, it was not just one... One after the other we could trace not less than 8 islands from the flight. The aerial view of islands resembled soaking Rasogolas (an Indian sweet)  in syrup with white borders.
Well, we were welcomed at the airport by the immigration and customs officials. Our prospective colleagues received us at the airport and moved us to the office guest house. The first day was dedicated for formal clearance and so we were escorted to Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital after meeting our Reporting Officer at Male' Office. It took almost an hour to get our health certificate. That was it for our first day in Maldives. Dreaming those days to come we fell asleep.

rajeevpareek says:
Yes...what next
Posted on: Feb 10, 2010
kalpita says:
Nice start, but what next???
Posted on: Feb 09, 2010