The more the merrier!

Halifax Travel Blog

So there are now six of us going!  I know it's still 4 months away, but I'm getting excited.  I go through phases - one day I'm so sick of planning I don't want to think about it at all and the next day I can't get enough of TravBuddy and, of course, my good friend Google!

I am currently trying to figure out the whole camera thing - not how to use the camera, that I know!  I'm concerned about leaving these precious photos on memory cards which, as we all know, have a tendancy to fail at the most inopportune time.  From what I've read on TravBuddy, internet cafes are fairly common and several of them will have CD and/or DVD burners - I think I will bring CDs/DVDs, a USB memory stick, along with my SD cards.  Hopefully between them all I'll make it home with all of my photos intact!

My friend's sister, who lives in Jakarta, seems to have found us some decent prices on flights from Jakarta to Bangkok, Bangkok to Bali.  It seems to be cheaper for someone in Indonesia to book these flights than for someone in North America to do the same.  So grateful for Mary and her willingness to do this for us!

Halifax