Itinerary confirmed (somewhat!)

Halifax Travel Blog

So we have narrowed down our itinerary somewhat (map updated to reflect).  Not sure exactly what day we are returning to Jakarta - likely July 20 or 21.  Been doing a lot of lurking around the TravBuddy site and have found some very useful info along the way.  I am loving the hotel reviews!  Even though we don't need a hotel in Bali (staying with family/friends), I think I might convince the group to do at least a couple nights at one of the beach-side resorts - I can't get over the prices!  So affordable!

So the neurotic side of me is still a little uncertain about the whole "Asian bathroom" I wash myself with a cup from a reservoir...?  And at the toilet, it's a similar deal...but with no TP?  Hmmm....could be interesting.  Planning to pack my own TP - just hoping I can actually flush it somewhere!  I know I sound very "Western", but most of my travels so far have been to Europe and the Caribbean - strangest bathroom thing in Europe was the pull-flush and in the Caribbean...same as Canada ;-)  Oh well, I guess you live and learn and it will be an experience.
sshaunaa says:
Some toilets are western-style that accept TP .. some don't but us westerners put our TP in a garbage can in the stall. Otherwise, it's the same garbage can deal, but with the whole squat toilet thing. Don't worry .. you'll manage!
Posted on: Feb 14, 2010