Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin

Spring Green Travel Blog

It's incredible to me how learning can have such a drastic impact on interests.  I knew absolutely nothing about FLW before touring Taliesin other than that he was a famous architect.  In 2007 took a day roadtrip to House on the Rock and happened to pass signs for Taliesin and the visitor's center.  Though I vowed to return to tour Taliesin, the idea went dormant for a year and a half.

In June of 2008 I started a local meetup group and by the summer of 2009 I was looking for interesting things to do for the group in other parts of the state. I then remembered Taliesin and decided to see if anyone else might be interested in seeing this special place with me.  Luckily for me there were 3 others who were willing to make a day of it.

Even upon entering the parking lot near the visitor's center I was shocked to see that there was barely a parking space left in this huge lot. Cars from all over the country were convened on this location.  This was surprising to me as it felt situated in the middle of nowhere.

After a enjoying a wonderful lunch in the visitor's center then a brief intro, we boarded the Taliesin coach and headed for the School of Architecture as our first stop.  Only a short drive from where we began, we passed the FLW farm, Taliesin, Unity church, and other buildings that Wright had designed, each unique and magnificent in their own way.

dieforu says:
Frank L.Right was the symblo architect of our lovely teacher at the uni,heheh:-)
Posted on: Mar 29, 2010
ahtibat17 says:
The Dana-Thomas House in Springfield was built by Frank Lloyd Wright. You'll have to go there when you come to Springfield. I recently went, and now I want to go to more!
Posted on: Feb 07, 2010