New Years + Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan

Koh Phangan Travel Blog

For some reason I thought it would be easy going from Bo Phut to Haad Riin by boat since it was only 30 minutes away.. I dont know were I got that idea from. We left our hotel early in the morning to go down to the pier. Talked with several people to find a boat that would take us to Haad Riin but for some reason they would only take us to Thong Sala and the reason why we flew from BKK to Samui was to avoid to go to Thong Sala and through the hills. If you have ever gone from Thong Sala to Haad Riin you might know what Im talking about.

But finally after talking with 50 people we found someone to take us to Haad Riin. I repeated Haad Riin a couple of times to make sure we were going there and he said yes yes Haad Riin so I thought YES to myself.

We got on the boat and when we started going it looked like we were going in the right direction but half way through we turned and suddenly we were at Thong Sala Pier. And before we knew it we had been placed in four different buses, hadnt paid anything and where on our way over those horrible mountains. yes they are mountains in my eyes since we dont have anything like that in Denmark ;) Even though it hadnt gone completely how we wanted it to go this morning it turned out to be okay and we were dropped off at Drop In Hotel.

Now last time we visited Koh Phangan we stayed at Baan Talay - at very nice little hotel - and had seen Drop Inn a couple of times and heard a bit about it.. Now this time it was the only hotel that had room for us so we were kinda forced to stay there if we wanted to stay in the Haad Rin area. Our feelings were mixed and it got even worse when it took them 20 minutes to find our reservation!!! But they found it and we got a fine little room with a little balcony!!! and when we walked out of our little balcony there was another HUGE balcony - pratically ours ;) it was going to be alright. Quickly we grabed our towels and lotion and headed for the beach.. Our redness had disappeared and had turned into a light brown.

We bumped into two Danish girls named Helle and Jane - it was their first big trip and now that we werent newbies anymore they stuck a bit to us which was more than fine cause they were great!

Koh Phangan Hotels & Accommodations review
Its a fine hotel.. A bit expensive but we had air-con, tv and all the stuff so maybe thats why. but I had a really good time and the staff are really … read entire review
Koh Phangan