Is that the way I like it?

Bossier City Travel Blog

It was Friday night and we were getting ready to experience some of Mardi Gras in New Orleans. I had seen an ad of KC and the Sunshine Band to put a show at the Diamond Jack’s casino in Shreveport. I asked Marcelo if he wanted to come and we thought it would be a good chance to listen to some good oldies for a warm up before going to the crazyness of Mardi Gras!

The night was a bit cold when we arrived to the casino. Tickets were $40, but we got a Casino Card and a $10 discount. I got myself a drink and we got to our seats. I feel a little strange since I noticed the age average to be a little above of what I am used to, but what could I expect! It was the concert of a guy who was a star back in the 70’s!

We got terrible seats, but as the concert did not fill up, I managed to get myself into the first rows.

KC has gained quite a few pounds now! I did not expect him to be that big, and especially to still try and do his old dance steps! I think he would have looked better staying behind his keyboard.

And well, what can I say, the show wasn’t all that good. The guy can’t sing anymore (and you can tell he can’t dance much either), but at least he’s got some good dancers and musicians to keep you entertained. I didn’t know “Please don’t go” was a song of his.

Obviously I was waiting for “That’s the way I like it”, the best part of the show, but even that part wasn’t as good as I expected. There didn’t seem to be a good connection between him and the audience. There were a few embarrassing silences during the moments that he spoke.

Anyway, it wasn’t too bad, I still had a good time, even as an old lady was trying to prevent me going all the way to the front. I was like “Groove it up girl! We should be having some fun!” He didn’t sing any encores in the end. I guess the concert was alright, but I am not sure if that’s the way I like it!

montecarlostar says:
I agree, some artists are better in our memories than giving low profile concerts in casinos now.
Posted on: Feb 23, 2010