A taste of Mardi Gras in Shreveport!

Shreveport Travel Blog

A panoramic of Shreveport's Red River

Finally the day had come for my friend Marcelo to come to Louisiana. He will be visiting me for about a month, and I will try to show him some of the beauties of the frenchie south of the USA!

The day started with a little inconvenience. I said I would pick him up at 10 AM, so I had set my alarm to ring at 5. But something mysterious happened and it never rang. I woke up in fear realizing it was late, and then I checked my watch and it was 6:30 already! I was in shock, but that helped me get out of bed faster! I left home at 7 AM and I still had to rent a car in Shreveport. My blazer is still not doing to well as to take it to a trip to Dallas. I will talk about the car rental issue in a review.

I arrived two hours late to pick Marcelo and I felt really embarrassed.

The boardwalk from the bridge
At least we didn’t have any problem to meet at the airport. We went to Cracker Barrel for lunch and arrived in Bossier/Shreveport just in time for the little Mardi Gras parade that was going to be held.

We first stopped by the Louisiana Board Walk and toured around a bit. Then we saw the parade going on Shreveport’s riverside and decided to walk up the Red River bridge to come across. I had never done that before and I was excited because we could see some great views of the river and the boardwalk!

Then we went to the parade and Marcelo could have a bity of a taste of what New Orleans Mardi Gras will be! He said he felt a bit ridiculous picking up beads, but I explained that’s exactly what it’s all about!! And that’s what’s so great about carnivals. You can be someone you don’t usually show in public. Anyway, this was a fun but a bit exhausting day, and I am looking forward to touring over Louisiana with my friend!

montecarlostar says:
Thank you very much my friend!! :D
Vikram says:
Congrats on the feature amigo, well done!
montecarlostar says:
Thank you very much!! :D
Posted on: Sep 10, 2012
A panoramic of Shreveports Red Ri…
A panoramic of Shreveport's Red R…
The Bass Bro shop
Going up the bridge
Me with the view from the bridge
Me with the view from the bridge
The Mardi gras parade at Shreveport
Us after getting some beads!!
Us after getting some beads!!
More of the parade