A shaken Saturday morning in Tulsa

Tulsa Travel Blog

Me at the Philbrook Museum of Art

After a night of party in Tulsa, I woke up to the sound of my cellphone in vibrate mode. I wasn’t in the mood for waking up early, so I didn’t bother answering the phone. My phone kept on ringing and I honestly thought it was my boss trying to reach me. When I finally checked it out, I found that 4 different friends were trying to call me. I was scared since they didn’t know anything about each other, so something really big had to have happened. I listened to my voice mail and I found out about the Chilean earthquake. I was shocked and I was not sure how I’d tell the news to Marcelo. I decided to say it just the way it was, that a major earthquake had stroke Chile and caused large devastation. We were worried about his family. Fortunately he was able to call and make sure they all were alright. We decided to continue the trip as planned, since there was nothing we could do.

Our first stop was the Philbrook Museum of Art from Tulsa, a great mansion showing an impressive collection of art -mostly European, but some American and African too. The paintings that we saw were impressive, but it was more impressive that taking pictures was allowed in all of the rooms. We also toured their beautiful backyard and took great pictures. We had lunch in their wonderful restaurant and then departed to Oklahoma City.

montecarlostar says:
Thank you Eric! They all are alright thank God. He can't wait to comeback and see them anyway. I will send him your best wishes. :)
Posted on: Mar 01, 2010
Eric says:
I hope your friend's family is ok! Please give him my my best wishes and good luck on the rest of your trip.
Posted on: Mar 01, 2010
Native american bjork?
Native american bjork?
Tulsa Sights & Attractions review
A very impressive art collection and majestic architecture
This museum is a must for any visitor to Tulsa. It has a great collection of European and American art paintings and sculptures, and the mansion is ju… read entire review
Tulsa