A day of snow in Ruston

Ruston Travel Blog

Me outside the apartment

It’s been a few days now since my friend Marcelo arrived to Louisiana. We have been shopping, dining out and he is taking an English course at Tech. It all has been fun, but to make things even nicer and more eccentric, we had some snow today! It’s the second time in 4 years that I see snow in Ruston.

As you can imagine, it is not very common to have snow in North Louisiana so the University Authorities thought the weather was too severe and closed all activities in campus until Wednesday! To me it’s quite ridiculous to close a school for half an inch of snow. But this is Louisiana and the very fact that snowflakes were falling from the sky was enough to call this a “disaster”. I think this was just an excuse to extend the Mardi Gras break! ;)

Anyway, the campus looks beautiful so we went out taking some pictures before the few snow would actually melt.

montecarlostar says:
No haha but I will be looking for some Saints custon for Mardi Gras! :D
Vikram says:
LOL, how come? You guys are having some kind of Saints' appreciation party? Or for M Gras?
montecarlostar says:
I'll wear some black and gold this Saturday!
Marcelo outside the apartment
Marcelo outside the apartment
Ruston Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Bad and expensive!
I have been living in Ruston for 4 years now and I had never tried this place before. This might seem strange since there are not many dining options … read entire review
Ruston