Yalova and Kadikoy

Yalova Travel Blog

Yalova... Yalova is a great little town just a hour accross the sea from istanbul... Going back 12 years now i met some very good friends in bodrum, i was 6 years old, we kept in contact and when i was 9 years old they invited us to their villiage for the first time... we loved it! Its supposed to be a 'dry' village, the town isnt but the village is... yeah right! over the years we have been to a few traditional weddings there where there are no alcohol, just outside the wedding you see all the guys swigging out of there been cans!

The thing I love about staying in kadikoy is hearing the call to prayer from the mosque, even at 5 am, i love it!

one of the funniest things i always remember is from my friends house, you can see further down into the village 2 swimming pools, a girls poole and a guys poole... my brother is now 21, but when he was about 15 he would be aloud to swim in the girls poole, so we would see it was filled with water, run down there only to find they had emptied it saying no girls wanted to swim!!

I also love the fact all the children love you... and remember you year after year! I'll add some pics of kadikoy, some recent, some old
1,470 km (913 miles) traveled