London - The Finale

London Travel Blog

Finally, the last part of London!

As I had stated in my previous London post that we rushed all the way to get onto London Eye at night but we were too late, I did not want to miss the chance to at least see the city when I'm there, to seize the opportunity and not regret it later.

So our first destination was to get to London Eye after breakfast.

Ticket was 15 freaking pounds but what the heck.

Up we go!

To be honest, I hate heights. I never like boarding on ferris wheel or anything of the sort. But at least with this, I felt safe enough to be inside it.

Remarkable view of Big Ben and its surroundings.

It was a boring 20 min ride but I'd say it's worth it.

As usual, when you're bout to land they asked you to smile to cameras fixed on the rails. Then they sell you the pics for 5 pounds each -.-

But we still bought it anyway :P

Then we rushed our asses off to...

We missed the change of guards

But the building itself was impressive alright.

Look, they have a Asian guard!

Most photographed policeman, I'd say.

And you can be your own highness in your dreams or in your bedroom for less than 20 pounds

More stops...

SOHO Square, ok I was expecting more..

LUNCH! at Bar Shu for some Szechuan food

Ok, that wasn't such a good idea considering we were going to stop at Chinatown later but ... the place was great!

Somehow hor the food we ordered were almost the same like the ones we ordered in a Szechuan restaurant in Penang LOL deja vu~~~

Done with lunch, and the next and last place we stopped by before saying goodbye to dear old London was...

It was damn happening ok..

The moment we got there we immediately regretted our lunch in Bar Shu coz there were SO MANY FREAKING restaurants there -.-

Boo wanted to try this but we were too full

We saw a shop with Malaysian flags, not bad huh :P

Old man and young man playing chess

I love the place no doubt but I heard services in some of the restaurants can be pretty bad...

So that wraps up my last visit in London. By this time, I've had enough travelling, especially when we had bad experiences in airports and having to go through all the trouble bringing our heavy luggage to and fro here and there. I was really looking forward to go back to a place call home by then.

My, was I glad to do so when I finally hit the bed at 3 something in the morning that night.

photo by: ulysses