Before I know I’m back in Krakow

Krakow Travel Blog

film set in Krakow (black/white)

I left Warsaw behind and took a train to Krakow. There were familiar places now as I’ve been here while goin’ up north almost a fortnight ago.

I checked into Flamingo and for the next few days I just wondered around the city visiting places including the Jewish Quarter, Kazimierz, which hitherto had not been visited. There was also a plan to see Auschwitz Concentration Camp which lays the town of Owiecim, roughly 30 miles (50 kilometres) west of Krakow.

Another thing than happened to me made me realise how small this world is… In Tallinn, Estonia I met this Brazilian guy who was staying at the same hostel as me and I met him accidentally in Krakow. Also same thing happened with an Australian whom I met in Vilnius, Lithuania and we also met in Krakow and we travelled together to Budapest.

Blue Sky

I was still having a week of travelling left and I was getting used to it more and more and was thinking to myself that I could do this for living.

Staying at Flamingo meant that every night was a party goin on somewhere, a pub crawl or something organized so before I knew it the time flew by and had to leave for Budapest.

I definitely loved Krakow and along with Tallinn were the two places I enjoyed the most in this trip. Krakow reminded my to some extent of Prague but without the tourist overcrowding; I remember while in Prague and after three days there I was asking my self where are the locals - that was around the time when I saw a Japanese wedding procession taking place in the old towns’ square.

Na Zdrowie!