The last of Manila

Manila Travel Blog

Day 3 was the transition, a move from major city to a small tiny town. This was the day when we finally flew off to an island where one of the great wonders of the world can be found.

I was both happy and sad. Sad because we're finally leaving the oh-so-comfy hostel and away from Poy's generous hospitality, happy because I'm finally going to a place I've been wanting to go since 2009.

One of our last few conversation with Poy before checkout

Individual pic with Poy. She claimed that I looked like her daughter jelir

Our flight to Puerto Princesa was not until 3pm, which means we had the entire morning to kill. We ventured around the area, down Burgos Street and into Makati Avenue and stumbled upon a few 'treasures' around the area.

For one, it's obvious the place is yet another red light district. Bars and pubs line up next to each other for as long as the street stretches. I told Zeek that if he were to walk around the area at night stringing me and Crystal with him, people will either think that he's a lucky SOB (no offense) or he's trying to pimp us out, a Filipino and a Korean gelakguling

We chanced upon this midget oil wrestling and lady boxing place. I would really love to see them in action!

We walked a little further down the street and came to a local morning market in action.

Turned into one of the little streets and saw a beautiful church

This hidden little treasure is stunning! A mass was going on inside

After taking pictures of the surrounding we decided to check out the street foods

Had siu mais again, generous serving of pork!

Glutton caught in action

Other food we tried, meat on stick thingy, like our version of satay

Lumpiah, their version of our popiah

It wasn't enough to fill up our growling stomachs so we head on to..

no la, not yellow cab pizza

But McD jelir but look how tiny the burger and drink were :(

A weird combo of fried chicken and spaghetti

After lunch, we headed back to the hostel to pick up our bags.

Hey I'm not that big of a size afterall! There's a bagpack bigger than me even jelir which belonged to another woman backpacker.

Leaving our print in Our Melting Pot. We purposely had the picture developed to pin on the board. You'll find us there when you visit the place next time menari

Back in Manila airport for our next destination

PALAWAN here we come!