Palawan 1

Palawan Travel Blog

I'd be lying if I said we've seen all of Palawan. We have not, we just visited a very tiny part of it, which was its capital, Puerto Princesa City, also the very middle point of the whole Palawan island which measures 450 kilometers long, and 50 kilometers wide. Yes, we were right smack in the middle of it, nothing to be proud of bleh~

We left the place with much regrets that we didn't get to see more of it. The time we had there was too limited, only a day and a half to be precise. Oh well, we tried to be as hardcore as we can and there was no regret at all.

This entry will feature the half first day we had in the humble little place called Puerto Princesa city.

Touched down in Palawan with Cebu Pacific around 5.30 in the evening. We were supposed to arrive around 5pm but the flight got delayed due to heavy traffic in Manila airport.

The first thing we wanted to do as soon as we came out from the airport was to head towards Baywalk for sunset. Zeek was busy trying to spot for the hotel/hostel staff bearing a card with our names on it. And yes we found one with my name on it! (you can see if you squint your eye) Never thought we'll be getting this kind of treatment for the cheap price we paid jelir

As soon as we got into the van, someone commanded

"Take us to Baywalk! NOW!"

The poor driver dare not protest (I think he couldn't speak much English) so Baywalk it is!

Baywalk is like a small family recreational park, pretty much like Penang's version of Esplanade. You can find people selling food and renting out bicycles and tricycles there. The only thing missing from that place is kite flying activity. Life here is indeed slow and easy.

We were lucky we decided to visit this place first before we checked in. This is reputed as the tallest Christmas tree in the Philippines, god knows why they haven't take it down yet.

And a few more sunset pics at Baywalk tho the sun was actually setting at the other side -_-

Ok, satisfied... jumped back into the fan and head to our pension called Liberty Park Pension. Can anyone tell me what does pension means?

This huge place

on a road like this

A room for 3; a double bed and a single bed, perfect!

It was then time for dinner. We went back to Baywalk to try out more street food, they were really cheap, I think it was like 5 or 10 pesos per stick

Chicken intestines, it tasted great on the first bite but after a few more bites...busuk

Cheese flavoured corn in a cup

If you don't have a microwave, you make the best of what you can get for popcorn.

Our 1 foot long hotdog sandwich.

Ice cream vendor

Spotted! Jay-Z of Palawan!

Then we made a fool of ourselves in this episode.

We wrapped up the night by chilling out in the infamous chillout place called Kinabuchs, the place where we were asked to try Tamilok

Frankly I thought the place was only so-so, after all the hoo ha-s we've been hearing bout this place

A word of caution, stay away from the BLUE drink! It tasted worse than cough drop! YUCK!!!

We had more fun than we anticipated the next day... to be continued...

bhush2006 says:
Nicely written. Given an insight about PPS.
Posted on: Jun 22, 2012