Flight screw up in LAX

Los Angeles Travel Blog

FYI, I fly stand by on all my flights in this trip. It's part of our benefits as an airline employee. Ok, i was supposed to leave for Taipeh last night en route to Singapore, the start of my trip, but BR (Eva Air) flights were full. I didn't even bother going to the airport. I decided to fly to LAX today at 10am to take the Eva Air flight to TPE at 1550.

I already got my boarding pass and everything when the Sup at Eva Air called me. She said I needed to have my employer re-issue the ticket as it's the wrong pair city. My ticket says "SEA-TPE-SIN" and I'm boarding here in LAX to TPE. Big deal, they're of the same distance anyway! She said, "no, sorry we can't let you board". So I rushed to the AS ticket counter and explained my situation. They said they can't do it, only SEA can. I called the Travel Pass office in SEA, then I got the voice mail!

I called them again and talked to someone finally, and was told the same thing. Basically, I would have to submit a new request, (14 days in adv required) then wait, once I hear back from them, then I can pay for the fare and list. Forget it.

So I flew back to SEA, and a new issue came up. I left my employee badge! The CSA didn't let me list as she needed the badge. So I called a coworker to list me and I got flewn back to SEA. In other words, I just had lunch at LAX.