AsiaJapanTokyo

Day 1: Stuck in Narita

Tokyo Travel Blog

I am going to summarize this as i'm running behind on everything!
In Narita,

- I luckily got on a flight from SEA-NRT thru United Airways, on a Boeing 777. The food was ok, nothing special to write home about. 10+ hrs flight.
- NRT-SIN was full as I have previously known, so I'm stuck in NRT. I booked a hotel at 4700 Yen nearby with free airport shuttle, buffet Japanese breakfast.
Turned out to be a nice place, very clean and the staff are polite. In a way, it's good that I'm stuck so I would know what to tell and suggest if my Dad gets stuck here when he flies stand by.

At the shuttle, I met Herve, who also booked the same hotel. Herve is a French guy working for a pasty company in Calli, north of France. He's impressed that I told him I have been to Calli. He's proud to say that they are the official supplier of macaroons at Starbucks. He speaks a little Japanese having spent with a host family for weeks here in Japan.

We went to dinner at this Japanese place nearby. 2 funny things happened here - #1 he ordered for yakisoba, they made conversation in Japanese, and he got 2 plates of yakisoba, but he only wanted 1 plate. #2, my order - the menu was all in Japanese, so I pointed on their display to the waiter what I wanted. "Tofu?" yes, tofu, then she said something in Japanese, I just nodded. And they brought me a spicy tofu in red sauce, it's something completely different on the display! We both laughed it out and at it anyway.

Back to the hotel, they have wifi which is really nice, but my laptop is dying. I realized I forgot to bring the 2 prong plug that connects to my Japan adapter. So I'm stuck with a 10% battery level on my mac. I went to bed, couldn't sleep, and was also anxious about the flight loads tomorrow for SIN.
Tokyo