India

New Delhi Travel Blog

I had never seen this before, try double locking your door in the dark!!

Here i am terrified of flying and am about to get on a plane for the next 14hrs. I arrive in Delhi travel guide">New Delhi at 3:00 am dazed and just grateful to have arrived. Immigration was done pretty quickly and since i didn't have any checked luggage i was free to go. I was happy to see in the airport there was money exchange offices open. There was supposed to be someone there to pick me up--from the tour company but alas there was no one. I am soo happy that i had read many blogs and been to different sites regarding India so i knew what to do. I went to the pre-paid taxi kiosk and was on my way.

As soon as i got into the taxi the driver asked if i was sure that i had a reservation at this hotel, wow not even 2 mins out of the airport and the typical questions began. I gave him a stern answer and i arrived at my hotel at 4 am.

The next day i met up with my travel group and was pleasantly surprised with everyone. We were all off to the Chandi Chowk market on our way to the Jamma Masjid. I have to say that walking through Chandi Chowk was quite disturbing and nothing at all to what i had imagined. It wasn't so much of culture shock than being thrown into another dimension.

Arriving at the Jamma Masjid was great as we were all stressed with having to cross the streets of Delhi, not for the faint of heart.

I had never seen this before, try …
I had never seen this before, try…
View from the steps of Jamma Masjid
View from the steps of Jamma Masjid
Jamma Masjid
Jamma Masjid
New Delhi Hotels & Accommodations review
Hotel is located in the Karol Bagh district. The hotel staff was nice and helpful. The rooms are cold and sometimes the washrooms don't always have ho… read entire review
New Delhi