A Day at the Zoo

Dresden Travel Blog

penguin
After days of drizzle and clouds, the weather finally cooperated with my wish to go to the zoo.  Since it isn't far, I decided that a lazy morning was in order.  Getting to the zoo by tram took about 20-25 minutes with one tram change.  Once there, I walked around the park that's nearby for a little while before heading in.  Of all the zoos I've visited, this one is the smallest (Beijing, Berlin, Augsburg [I think], San Diego and Bronx).   While there wasn't the variety of animals that I'm used to, it was still a nice zoo with plenty to see.

I first saw the elephants, and then Katta (I think they're lemurs in English).  From there, a lion and then into the Reptile House.  A couple snakes and an alligator later, I just walked around the park for a while.  I got turned around at the Ape House and accidentally left the zoo!  I walked back to the main entrance (slipping in mud in the meantime- don't worry- no injuries other than my pride), and fortunately I got back in after explaining what happened.   From there- camels, a leopard, penguins, birds, flamingos and random animals.

This was definitely a worthwhile way to spend a warm afternoon in Dresden!
Lemur
camels
leopard
leopard
Dresden Sights & Attractions review
Fun day with animals in a convenient location
Getting to the zoo is easy with public transportation since three trams and a bus have a stop either at the zoo or very close to it. Admission isn't … read entire review
Dresden