Waiting for the bus to civilization

Searsport Travel Blog

Sun rise

So for those of you who have not experienced "my neck of the woods" I will fill you in on a minor detail; there is not much there.  Sadly I sit at home most days usually doing school work, or trying out new recipies even more sadly my truck is broke and we are now down to one vehicle for a house of four.  Since I have no job I am low man on the totem pole when it comes to stealing a car to go somewhere or even getting a ride somewhere.  So when my brother called me and told me Ozzy Osbourne was signing his new book in Boston I jumped at the chance to leave my bat cave; however I could not find a ride to Portland so I could just take the Downeaster into North Station, nope I had to take the bus to the train station.

I dread taking the bus, sitting in its small cramped seats not being able to talk to people on my cell, no room to use a laptop, and the movies always seem to skip.

Very cold waiting for the bus
  There is only one bus out of Searsport and it leaves at 7:45 and I had been dropped off about 10 of 7, so I hung out and waited and waited then 7:45 came around and there was no bus.  I thought I had missed it but as it turns out as i was going to ask the clerk if the bus had already come through it pulled into the lot.  I almost had a look of awe when I noticed it was a new bus and I got excited thinking it is going to be clean and not smell gross and I was right.  The bus had electrical outlets for laptops, wi-fi acsess, people talked on phones, and because no bus ride it perfect the movie still skipped.

The bus was set to pull into the terminal at 11:00am which did not happen it was more around 11:20, but luckily because I could use my phone I had texted a freind and she brought a managery of dogs down to the terminal so I could have something to do while I waited for my train which departed at 12:50.

On the bus is much warmer
  When I first got into the terminal there were 10 TSA agents and a few Portland Polics Officers hanging around the terminal, now Portland is not a big terminal and never in all my times coming to this terminal have I ever seen 1 agent let alone 10.  I met my freind outside in the parking lot where we attracted some attention with all the dogs, and she stayed untill the initial boarding call came over the loudspeakers.  I grabbed my gear and headed down to the train platform where I was greated by 1/2 of the TSA agents, after a quick scan of my bags I jumped onto the train and settled in for a quiet ride to Boston.

oldschoolbill says:
When I left Tampa train station March 19th the same thing, they were everywhere 1st time!!
Posted on: Mar 31, 2010