Viva Las Vegas

Las Vegas Travel Blog

This was my second trip to Vegas.  However this time it was planed rather than as a result of being kidnapped! Even in September, Vegas is like an oven.  The heat just hits you as soon as you get off the plane.  Its an incredibly exciting place to visit though.

After meeting the lovely Melanie at the airport, outr first stop was at the famous vegas sign.  it maybe touristy but you have to do it.

After grabbing some food we heading for the vegas gun range.  In England I play for an airsoft team so I was very excited about finally getting to shoot some real firearms.  The range has a huge selection of handguns and automatic weapons to choose from, aswell as several target posters to aim at.  I selected the same guns i use in airsoft an mp5 and desert eagle.  The whole thing was over in a few minutes but was amazing fun and you get to keep your targets as proof of your shooting prowess.

In the eveing we heading to the top of the world restaurant at the top of the stratosphere.  Id always wanted to go here simply for the amazing views.  I had no idea that the restuarant revolves whilst you are eating, ensuring a full 360 degree view.  The food itself was fantastic but seeing vegas by night from this vantage point was still the highlight of the evening.

The perfect end to to a perfect first day.

sarahthevegasbride says:
Fab! Cant wait to get back to Vegas myself.
Posted on: Aug 24, 2010