Norwich. Who knew?

Norwich Travel Blog

I’ve been to Norwich several times over the years, and to be honest, never really considered it worthy of a blog entry.  I’d seen the shopping malls, which are very much like every other shopping mall in the UK, and some perfectly pleasant places to have lunch, but certainly never been overwhelmed.  It turns out I was just there with the wrong people.

If you go to Norwich with the right people, you find a whole medieval quarter that the city seems to keep its mouth shut about.  Unfortunately, my camera broke so I have lost all the pictures, but it might be worth searching google images.

There are really pretty, narrow alleys lined with interesting looking independent shops.  The medieval cathedral itself is bedded down in a little hollow, so at first sight you don’t notice that there is a ruined infirmary from the middle ages, a herb garden, and some stunning outbuildings, as well as two gates and the cathedral, which is lovely.  There are beautiful old houses where centuries of subsidence have sent the houses leaning at impossible looking angles.  And there is organic ice cream.  It turns out that Norwich is worth exploring a little more than I thought.

The cathedral in particular is lovely.  I think it must be a particularly old one, because the arches are round Norman arches rather than pointy gothic ones.  There are some really cool statues and graves, and although entrance was expensive, I enjoyed the trip.

Norwich Sights & Attractions review
Norwich Cathedral
Norwich cathedral is lovely, and I am very disappointed that my photos were lost when my phone broke. Luckily, it isn’t nearly as obscure as some o… read entire review
Norwich