Goodbye Bristol

Bristol Travel Blog

It is my last weekend in the South West, for quite some time.  I am moving to Manchester next week.  My long period of travelling up and down the M6 to see my boyfriend is coming to an end.

I feel quite ambivalent about that.  On the one hand - and it is the hand that wins - I love him and I hate being apart.  I hate losing chunks of every weekend to motorway travel, and I can't wait to start a new life up North.  On the other, I am used to Swindon, and all my friends have been unbelievably sweet about me, made a big fuss about how much they will miss me, and generally embarrassed me enormously.

In this mixed mood, I went to Bristol to say bye to my friend Sophie, and went shopping in Cabot Circus.  I managed to avoid buying any clothes, which was nothing short of miraculous, and we had nice coffee in Chandos Deli.

After dropping her off near her house in Clifton, I headed off to see Clifton Suspension Bridge.  I've reviewed it before, but I wanted a few more pictures.  Of course, the only camera I had on me was my phone so these aren't great - it's times like these that I really consider learning how to do photography properly, with a real camera.  But I think the bridge is photgenic enough without any talent or skill on my part, and so these aren't bad.

photo by: petit_gooroo