Poolside tanning, Ao Nang, and Karaoke!

Railay Travel Blog

Today we had a really lazy morning again – After breakfast Tammy and I did 15 minute interval tanning, with pool breaks in between, for a few hours. After that, we took a water boat taxi over to Ao Nang, which is about a 10 min ride away. We really liked it there – there were a lot of cool little shops, plus a McDonalds, Starbucks, Subway, and Haagen Daas store! There were also a few shops where artists were there painting and selling their work - and most of it was really really good! We wandered around there for a few hours then took the taxi boat back to West Railay beach just in time to catch the sunset again. More Beersbi ensued, then we all went our seperate ways for dinner. About 10 or 15 of us from the group met up at a bar called Chok D's, where there is normally a guy there every night playing guitar and singing (he's really good, too), but tonight was karaoke night! There were these handwritten books with a list of songs at the front, and the lyrics for all those songs written out by hand. It was pretty crazy! Tammy and I sang Brown Eyed Girl and I Can See Clearly Now... Jay and Paul sung Summer of 69, Jay sang Sweet Child of Mine when some random guy went up to play the drums to it... that was pretty awesome. Paul and I butchered Californication, because his request to hear the sung was confused for a karaoke request, and Paul didn't want to go up alone. It was terrible, since neither of us know the timing of the song at ALL. But it's was a ton of fun anyway:)

Railay