Luang Prabang Waterfalls

Luang Prabang Travel Blog

We met this morning at 11 oclock to head out to the waterfalls. I'm still not feeling great so I reallly had to talk myself into going, and I'm SO glad I did! They were absolutely stunning. There are 7 levels of the waterfalls, and we did a little 25 minute hike (little, but I was nearly dying – note to self, work on my cardio when I get home!) up to the very very top of the waterfalls, where we could swim in the pools at the top. It was amazing! The water was a really cool teal blue colour, and was so refreshing in the heat. It was awesome! After a couple hours at the waterfalls, we headed back to where out tuk tuks were waiting, and we passed by some protected Asiatic Bears, which are endangered, and got some cute pictures of them! We got back to our guesthouse, showered up, and went for dinner to a place that has a traditional Lao family BBQ. You get a bucket of hot coals in the center of the table, and a dish that sits on top, and you put all your meat, veggies, and broth into the dish and help yourself from there! It was pretty yummy!

All of Lao shuts down around 11, but as in Vang Vieng where there was the island to go to for "after hours", Luang Prabang has a bowling alley. We left the restaurant at about 1030 and went straight there for a game of 10-pin. We're all running out of Lao Kip (their currency) so no one could do a lot of drinking or anything, and we called it a night after one game. Tomorrow, we're taking a plane (yay, no bus!) to Chiang Mai, and then we've got the hilltribe trek – which I'm still not totally sold on. Pictures coming soon!

Luang Prabang