Koh Phi Phi!

Koh Phi Phi Travel Blog

Yesterday was so uneventful I decided to skip the journal entry. Not that I'm complaining – laying by the pool all day and having a siesta in the air conditioned room was fantastic, but just not that exciting! But I did eat crocodile at this BBQ Buffet thing, and it was really really good!

Today was a really short travel day – a 2-ish hour ferry from Railay to Koh Phi Phi. We got in around 11, checked into our rooms (I got one by myself and with air conditioning by pure luck, so I was pretty happy about that!), then wandered around and did some shopping. I love it here! It's so busy and seems like there is so much to do, and there are so many different types of shops and restaurants and bars. I like it a lot! After cruising around town for a few hours, we met up with the group at the scuba/snorkel place to decide on plans for tomorrow. I decided that since tomorrow is our only day in Koh Phi Phi, I didn't want to spend the entire day doing the Discover Scuba dive, so I opted for the sunset snorkelling trip, along with Tammy and Jay. After that meeting, we had a group dinner and drinks at a place called Breakers, which was great! They ahd lots of food that I haven't seen out here, like nachos and chicken caesar salad. It was a nice change! After that we went to the Reggae Bar, where we watched some muay thai fighting. After the real fighters are done, they open the ring to any two people who want to earn a free bucket by muay thai boxing against each other. Pretty funny! Except that Paul, a guy from our group, decided to fight, and got a little too drunk. The guy he was supposed to fight backed down and he ended up going up against a real boxer and is in pretty rough shape! Poor guy!