Day 4

Siem Reap Travel Blog

Today was a pretty lazy day but it was exactly what I needed! I woke up really early (730), and wasn't planning on meeting up with anyone until 11, so I had a lot of time to get ready and relax. I needed to get some cash so I went for a walk up to the bank, then strolled around for a bit just looking in a few different stores. I met with Alyson, Lisa and Kevin in the lobby and we walked over to the Blue Pumpkin – the best bakery ever :) Not onlyis the food delicious, but they have a lobby upstairs with huge couches, air conditioning, and free wifi. Can't go wrong! We sat there for about an hour then me and the girls took a tuk tuk to the Angkor Holiday hotel, which is a 4 or 5 star, and sat by the pool all day. It was smoking hot out and the pool was perfectly cool, it was amazing and super relaxing. Once the sun was hidden behind the hotel walls, we left and walked around a mall nearby, and slowly made our way back to our guesthouse. A bunch of people from the tour group were just getting back from a day tour, and we decided to walk up the street and get some pho from the street vendor. It was pretty delicious and exactly what I needed! It wasn't Vi-La though;) We ended up sitting there for a couple more hours, and more people came and met up with us. We headed over to the night market, where I gave in and tried the fish foot massage. It was a reallly weird feeling at first, especially between your toes, but you get used to it! I was kinda over that, so I went and got a normal foot massage with David from our group, which was probably the best $2 I've spent yet! We wandered around a bit more and I bought a cool looking pipe made from buffalo horn, then walked back to the guesthouse for a fairly early night in!

Siem Reap