Day 2!

Bangkok Travel Blog

Day.. 2? Days are a bit of a blur at this point from the long flight and the time difference! We are on a "mini-bus", which is basically just a van that seats 11 people. We arrived last night in Bangkok at around 11:30 pm, after a very, very long day of travelling. I met up with two other people going on the same tour as me - Jaeda and Harrison - at the IHOP by the Vancouver airport, so that we could all travel together. Our flight from Vancouver to Seoul wasn't too bad cuz there were these awesome little entertainment systems for each seat, that were loaded with movies and music and games so you could watch/listen to whatever you wanted. It was pretty awesome. The flight from Seoul to Bangkok was less entertaining, but was only 6 hours compared to 12 on the first flight. After not really sleeping much in the past 48 hours, I basically slept that whole flight. In Seoul we met up with a bunch of other Free and Easy Travelers, but all except one, Kyle, were doing the 40 day Thailand trip, not the 20-day LTC and 20-day Thailand trips. We arrived at the airport and the humidity hits you very hard as soon as you get off the plane! We stayed together as a big group and found the Free & Easy people and were on our way! We took these mini-buses back to our guesthouses - the 40 day trip people were staying at the Wild Orchid and the rest of us at the Mango Lagoon. We settled into our rooms and met up everyone at the Wild Orchid for a few drinks. SO cheap! I got a light beer, that must have been about a liter, for 130 baht, which is about $3.50. We stayed there until about 3ish when most of us called it a night since we had an early morning today.

The plan this morning was to meet in our guesthouse lobby at 8:30 to take off to Cambodia. Jaeda and I were sharing a room, and ended up staying up and chatting til close to 5, and woke up nice and early at 730 to get breakfast before we left. We walked back to the Wild Orchid and had an amazing orange, pineapple and banana smoothie. Delicious and soo refreshing! AND cost just over a dollar. We waited in the lobby til around 10ish when we our mini buses finally arrived and we were on our way! Just made a stop at a 7-11 where they had very.. interesting,, bathrooms - squatters. Not very pleasant! However, the food at 7-11 was so good! I had some crab dimsum type things and chicken gyoza... all for $1. I can't get over how cheap it is!
Bangkok