Byyyyyyyyye Home!

Glasgow Travel Blog

Well.....

Got up just after 6am and helped my dad with the horses, it was a nice crisp morning. Mucked out 4 or 5 of them and made up all the feeds and before I knew it I was getting chased inside to get washed and throw my rucksack in the car, which didn't really work as I its too heavy to throw any further than about two feet! Anyways, after a very very emotional goodbye to my dog Ziggy we were off in the car to GLA!

When checking in I had a little (eeeek) as everyone could see my flight but me- they all had the sense to look for the Dubai flight, not the Brisbane like blondey here was! Haha! Oh and then I got in the business class/first class line! (Think the backpack gave it away) but after that all was fine!

We ate some breakfast and before I knew it was it was time to say tata! It was a relativley short and teary ordeal but Oh my God seeing the tear in dads eye still makes me well up.
Dad on the Yard!
So off I go as Struan shouts have you got you're credit card..... @$%*! So it was a case of jogging back to them, raking for my purse and yes, few got my credit card! So another short series of hugs and laughs which was good  and this time I'm off!! Byyyyye Scotland!!

Once on the plane I was sat between a woman going to Ethiopia to do charity work and a Scottish Australian from Perth who had been in Scotland on business for a couple of months. They were both really nice. The plane, disappointingly was pretty old and some of the head things and tvs didn't work- but they fixed the tvs so that was good!

As far as flights go I guess it was OK.

************

Song of the day- Fireflies- Owl City!
Ziggy