Travel Day: Austin, Texas to San Jose, Costa Rica

Austin Travel Blog

Leaving the apartment

This trip is the semi-continuation of my earlier trip through Central America.  In the last trip, i ran out of time, and i had to head back home before i made it to Costa Rica and Panama.  Partly because of the crazy bus strike in Honduras, but mainly because i did not allow enough time to make it through all those countries.

So, i am back, but this time i brought my girlfriend, Driz.  This is the true story (with some embelishments) of that trip.

We made it to the airport without incident.  However, we could not get seat assignments next to each other, and as a result i was seated next to some crazies.  So, i gave them the "I am sleeping, leave me the eff alone" look.

We arrived in San Jose slightly late, and our ride to the hostel was nowhere to be found.
Waiting for the aeroplane
  I am not sure if it was because the plane was late or not.  Most likely the dude just forgot us.  So, we negotiated the same price we were supposed to pay the driver with the taxi guy.

The hostel, Molino Rojo, was near the bus station, which people will tell you to stay away from.  When we arrived at the hostel, the front desk guy was very nice.  He gave me directions and advice on where to eat while Driz released the kracken.  According to him, it was not a problem to walk around the neighborhood.

The room was pretty basic, no air condition, but it had a private bath.  The bed was standard issue for hostels, very hard with a paper-thin pillow.  It was pretty late when we arrived, so we passed out without doing much.
Just landed with happy faces