Porto is only one cheap flight away

Porto Travel Blog

We leave home after dinner and arrive at Weeze (Niederrhein airport) much to early.
After shopping (it takes 2 minutes, there isn't much to shop:) we sit at our gate.

Outside it is very cold. We are reminded to that every time boarding starts for another plane: Doors open wide, cold air coming in unhindered.
This brings me to the conclusion, that the architect is not a frequent user of low cost airlines.
The unannounced gate change, the wait for the arrival (acc. to the monitor the aircraft is on time, we know better) and the wait outside in the freezing wind, -we were not the only ones, the stewardess had to wait until the passengers were off, then again until we-all were on the plane. She was so cold afterwards, she couldn't pass the in-flight magazines around- were made up by the arrival on time in Porto.

To travel with only hand luggage has the advantage that you don't need to wait for your bags. We find the exit -I must say there is room enough for improvement of the signs- and buy our Z4 Andante tickets for the metro.
The train takes some time to arrive, the night scedule is not so frequent, but we arrive on Bolhão station and ten minutes later in our hotel on the Praça da Batalha.
I want to show my checking in papers, but the night manager already knows our name!, and without a hussle we hit our beds 10 minutes later.

-Note on Google:
I am not a fan of Google and the way they store everything BUT Google street view had the pics of the station-escalators and the hotel. My points go to Google in this case!
Confidently we walked in the correct direction (on other occasion it has happened otherwise:).
-Note on rechargeable batteries:
They aren't. So no pictures from the first day:(

Person of the day:
The night manager of the hotel: fiendly, knew his line, worked in advance.

Porto Hotels & Accommodations review
Everybody is welcome at the Praça da Batalha
If you want to stay in Porto for sight seeing, this is the place to stay. Middle in the centre on the Praça da Batalha where the line busses and tra… read entire review
photo by: alexandra_h