Prologue to a citytrip

Heerewaarden Travel Blog

TB can bring you to the strangest ideas.
I was reading the Lisbon blog of Renie Marie, that inspired me to take a citytrip into Portugal.
There were no cheap tickets available for Lisbon, and just when I quit searching, I read the Ryanair newsletter where they promoted cheap travel, taxes paid. There I found Porto!
The offer was valid until midnight so I finished at 0:45 MET = 11:45 PM GMT, Pfew.

Where to stay in a strange city? And Porto has different parts. Hotels that are not in touristical Porto will pop up in the Google lists. That is when I searched for Holiday Inn (in Leuven, B it is nicely in the centre) and found one on the Praca da Batalha. (that is, it was old information, as it had changed into a Quality Inn, but who cares) I must say, this was a lucky guess, as it is right inside the centre part.

Planning this stay has been a nice job, finding out things about this city on the internet -even reading books-  and making plans that altered just every time new information came available.

Today we are going to fly from Weeze, Germany on a cheap flight that leaves at 21:15 and arrives 23:15, our chance to see Portugal at night.

Heerewaarden