The rough, rough-plan.

Dallas Travel Blog

Well, my best friend, his two friends, and I have decided we're going to backpack through Europe this June. We're all getting to that age where we're all feeling the "now or never" feeling. And that's not to say that we'll never have the opportunity to visit Europe but it's highly unlikely we'll ever have the chance to experience Europe with our best friends in a month-long backpack adventure.

The rough plan is to spend roughly a month, give or take a few days, traveling to as many places as possible (within reason). This list of cities they want to try and see is a few too many, in my opinion, and the opinion of some experienced European travelers I've shared the list with online.

This is the list so far:
Lisbon, Portugal
Paris, France
Brussels, Belgium
Amsterdam, Netherlands
London, England
Dublin, Ireland (if time permits)

We're going to sit down as a group to dicuss a rough plan this upcoming monday. Hopefully, I'll be able to convince them to narrow the list down. Possibly eliminating Lisbon and Brussels, and adding Venice and Berlin.

It's still the same amount of destinations. BUT we'll drop two, Lisbon because it's just too far from anywhere else, and Brussels because I would rather spend our limited time elsewhere. Venice and Berlin would be added for selfish reasons. I've heard a lot of great things about Berlin and Venice is an obvious one-of-a-kind destination.

Instead of shortening the list of desinations I think we'll just end up extending our trip length. (I'm thinking for this many destinations 40 days is a more realistic number)

London is another city I wouldn't mind eliminating off the list just because it's so expensive and to have more time in more "exotic" destinations, but one of the group member's sister lives there so I dont think I could convince him to go over-seas and skip London.