Flight From Manila

Hong Kong Travel Blog

Manila Airport (NAIA)...not pandemonium but not a model of efficiency.  Once I entered the terminal, I went to the ticketing counter & picked up my boarding pass.  This was interesting because the agent was seemingly confused by my not checking any luggage.  With only a single backpack, I was 'travelling light'.  Unfortunately, the ticketing agent insisted on weighing my carry-on and declared it to be 'over the limit'.  Ten minutes of discussion, haggling, and conferring with other employees resulted in absolutely no difference than any other time I've brought a single bag onboard.  Boarding pass in hand (and bag on back), I proceeded to customs where 700 pesos were surgically removed from my pocket.  Once through customs, all that seperated me from my plane was the security checkpoint.  Next time, I might not bother putting on my shoes until I board the aircraft...but I digress.

Flew from Manila to Hong Kong on Philippine Airlines.  The plane was a Boeing 777 and had a great interior, including personal screens on the seatbacks.  The seats were comfortable, with a drop-down footrest.  Since I had worked last night, I slept for most of the flight.  I did have a glass of wine with my meal.  The meal itself was not bad.  When we arrived at HKIA, it was rainy...a light drizzling rain but enough to obscure the mountains in the distance.  HKIA was easy enough to navigate.  I know I'll be returning to Hong Kong, perhaps in June or July...