The villages of Tyrol

Tyrol Travel Blog

I had a train to catch, an early one.

I thought that I had set my alarm for 06:15 but, when it went off, it was 06:45. I wasn’t in a panic but knew that I couldn’t eat breakfast at the gasthof.

I didn’t have to wait for the bathroom…yeah! The shower even had lots of hot water….yeah!

I was ready and out the door by 07:15 but, the sun wasn’t up yet…hhhmmm. There was a glow up approaching sunlight coming from behind the mountains. I kept moving.

I walked the path through the Altstadt and Innerstadt and enjoyed my last views of this charmer. It reminds me of a little Vienna….sort of.

I was walking was as I was un sure of my finding the Hauptbahnhof, easily.

It was quite a trek but when I finally turned left at the Triumphant Arch…I could see the giant OBB sign on the side of the building.

When I went inside and looked at the board, my train to Buchs was 35 minutes late. I had arrived about 20 minutes before my scheduled time so…..what to do??? I went to my track and tried to sit in one of the protected glass buildings but, with no heat, it was a cold as standing outside. So, I returned to the main terminal and walked around in the heat!!! I bought some yogurt and a coke zero and just window shopped for 30 minutes or so.

The train finally came at 08:37 (should have been 07:54). Where were on our way now, that’s all that matters.

Along the way, we passed village after village with quaint collections of houses and the prerequisite, colorful church with belltowers and spires standing tall about the rest.

The simple way of life of rural Austria was on display and looked like something from and ancient painting. What sights I was exposed to, today.

Towards the end of the train journey, we passed an amazing religious fortress/ monastery with German helment looking domes.

Passing through Schann, I knew that I was passing though Liechtenstein and was intently looking for anything to give me a glimpse of the country and what it looks like. We crossed the River Rhine and then we were at Buchs SG, Switzerland, our stop.

photo by: delsol67