The end of a fantastic but long day's train / bus / metro journey

Turin Travel Blog

Ceiling of my room at Porta Sousa B&B

Upon arrival, I had to change stations as we arrived at Torino Porto Nuovo and I needed to be across town at Porto Sousa. It turned out to be a very easy thing to use their metro (1euro) and only 3 stops later we were there.

Exiting the station, I was confused as to my orientation and walked the wrong direction. I was on the wrong side of the train station which was across the street from the metro….a bit confusing at first.

The train station is under major renovation and the path through it to get to the street on the opposite side is across a very sketchy area!!! I walked fast and tried to be aware of others that were around.

Reaching the otherside…it was the right street and only a block later, I was at my B&B. Marco buzzed me in and showed me to a very quaint room with a lovely balcony. He had a wonderful home full of charm and feels comfortable.

He made me a cup of tea and we chatted with couple of ladies from Austrailia. They had been in Italy for a month, rented a house in Ferrara (how nice).

After a nice chat, it was time for bed. It had been a long day and I was worn out. I hoped for better weather tomorrow but, atleast it wasn’t raining. I was thankful for that.

Ceiling of my room at Porta Sousa …
Ceiling of my room at Porta Sousa…
photo by: aleksflower