Train journey through Eastern Switzerland

Zurich Travel Blog

Sunny morning in Vaduz....beautiful

I woke to a spectacularly clear, sunny day! I quickly showered and readied myself. I paused at the bar only long enough to drop the key on the counter. Mandy had nothing to say to me……nor I to her!

I had forgotten to mail the postcards that I picked up, yesterday, so I had to walk to the town center to mail them before catching my bus to Buchs. It was an opportunity to take a picture of the perfect sky over the Alps….atleast I’m glad that I got to see the view if even for just a few minutes.

Cards mailed, I made the next bus just in time for it to leave. At that time it only made a few stops in Schann before crossing the river to Buchs so, I was at the station in 15 minutes.

It was freezing!!! There is real station to keep warm in so I just had to shiver…….

South of Zurich
.and the train was an extra 30 minutes late. It was a long 2 hours! I finished reading my book that I had started on my trip to Israel so, I did do something productive.

The journey to Zurich brought much amazing Alpine scenery. My window just as well have been the travel channel with a special episode on the region. It was fantastic. I saw mountain fortresses, churches on peaks that looked impossible to get to, Lake Constance, and one dramatic peak after another.

Soon were arrived in Zurich, 2 ½ hours later. I had an 1 ½ hours to wait. After inquiring about my track number, I headed straight for Sprungli. I discovered that beyond creating some fantastic chocolates, they made food, delicious food. I am quite fond of their tomato quiche. I bought 2 of them for the trip to Milan.

Religion up on high!