Crazy journey home from Turin to my bus connection in Brussels

Brussels Travel Blog

I was up at 05:55! I quietly showered and finished packing, trying not to wake Marco. I was out and crossing Porta Sousa at 06:30. I found the location where the airport bus stops and it was on time. A short 30 minute bus ride (4.10 euro with museum card) and I was at the airport.

Check in was quick and painless as was security……wonderful. The flight was on time, 08:40, and my expectation of Ryanair were thankfully was wrong. It was efficient and easy unlike my first experiences with Easyjet (which have improved with time.

There was quite an issue with people and their carry on baggage. There were so many people with bags that were too large that the attendants had to force people to put them under their seats. It was really excessive and was causing a lot of tension between passengers.

The flight was quick…..actually arrived in Brussels 15 minutes early!!!

I caught a bus from Charleroi Airport to their train station (20 minutes) and then a train to Noord Station (1 hour) (bus + train 11 euro).

I didn’t realize that the train would take as long as it did. I was really stressed out. Even though the plane had arrived early and there was 3 hours before y bus was leaving from Noord Station for Amsterdam, the time was flying by. With the wait time for the bus from the airport and the wait time for the train at Charleroi Station, add that to the actual trip times and now my chances of making my bus on time would come down to minutes if even I would arrive that amount of time.

When we finally arrived, there was 5 minutes and that was by my watch. I raced through the station as fast as I could. I stopped and asked for the location and raced on. It wasn’t clear from the signs where the check in was for Eurolines. I was walking in circles. I saw some busses, finally. I walked over and checked all of them for their destinations and none of them were going to Amsterdam. I finally located the check in office for Eurolines and got in line. The bus had not arrived and I was in luck.

I had time to get a snack, which was good as I was starving. I went back in the terminal to find something to eat and happened upon a strange man practicing kung fu or something else, like it. I picked up a sandwich and returned to wait. The bus was finally ready an hour late. We boarded and soon were on our way.

delsol67 says:
My travels are always very ambitious. I try to do and see as much as I can while enjoying every minute.
Posted on: Feb 03, 2010
cneoridium says:
"Only" 4 countries, but I can't believe how much you saw in a week!
Posted on: Feb 02, 2010