Mini meet-up Meppel & Zwolle

Meppel Travel Blog

In October last year I was looking at one of Keiko’s blogs. She visited Meppel and I my comment was ‘that’s very long ago I’ve been to Meppel, should go again’. Keiko reacted ‘why don’t we go together’.

Finally we made it to visit Meppel on March 13. In the meantime Keiko invited Petra too and the three of us met at the railway station. 3 crazy ‘girls’ meeting on a cold day in Meppel after a couple of hours by train or by car!

We walked around Meppel. I had no memories at all about it. But Keiko (KeikoCreative) and Petra (Petra2111) have been there more recently and pointed out all the highlights!

Visiting windmill “De Weert” with explanation of one of the volunteers was very interesting.

And of course we had coffee and a late light lunch. What else did we do…. Talking!!!! So much to discuss, to tell…..

In the late afternoon we drove to Zwolle and did a brief city walk.  As it was raining in the meantime we decided to go for dinner in a nice and warm restaurant (Petra wrote a review about Humphries in Zwolle!).

At 8 pm we said goodbye, had a great day and already looking forward to meet again!

Petra2111 says:
Yes, it was a really nice day, Although the wetter could be better, we had lots of fun! It was a pity that you couldn't be there Patries, but we meet again I'm sure!
KeikoCreative says:
Yes we'll sure able to arrange something;)
Vlindeke says:
Yes, we had a great day!
Maybe we'll meet somewhere in the future Patricia :)
Former gas factory
Windmill De Vlijt
Windmill 'De Vlijt'
Windmill De Weert
Windmill 'De Weert'
Difficult to catch a turning wing …
Difficult to catch a turning wing…
Adam, statue by Rodin