Amsterdam

Amsterdam Travel Blog

Museumplein (Museumsquare)

Today Marianne (‘Wermar’) and I took the train to Amsterdam. We first visited the ‘Van Gogh Museum’.

As we both have a “Museumkaart” (Dutch for “Museumcard”, I’ll write a review about it later on) we could skip the long line waiting to buy tickets.

From February 19 2010 the exhibition “Paul Gauguin, the breakthrough into modernity” is running, until June 6 2010.

The exhibition “Masters from the Museum Mesdag” is in the run-up to the reopening of this museum in The Hague (until July 4 2010). I visited this exhibition on January 30 too.

It is not allowed to take photos inside the ‘Van Gogh Museum’.

More information at:  www.vangoghmuseum.nl (in 7 languages!).

Good start :)

After a nice lunch we visited another museum, the Hermitage Amsterdam. This museum is open since June 20 2009, and is now running her second exhibition.

All art is on loan from the State Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg (Russia).

The current exhibition is (from March 6 – September 17 2010)  “Matisse to Malevich, Pioneers of modern art from the Hermitage’ From April 1 until May 9 “Dance” by Henri Matisse is in Amsterdam too.

It’s not allowed to take photos at the exhibition, but you can see some pictures and find a lot more information on: www.hermitage.nl

The Hermitage has a self service machine to get your tickets if you have a ‘Museumkaart’ (as mentioned before).

As we had enough modern art for the day we decided to be ‘real tourists’ and took a canal cruise by “Blue Boat Company” (review will follow).

Vlindeke says:
Thanks for looking at my photos :)
Posted on: Apr 25, 2010
jethanad says:
I enjoyed perusing your pictures of Amsterdam

Posted on: Apr 24, 2010
Rijksmuseum
Rijksmuseum
Hermitage
Hermitage
Selfservice ticket counter for Mus…
Selfservice ticket counter for Mu…
Canal cruise