The Green and the rain of Ireland - 2009

Galway Travel Blog

The idea fo visiting Ireland is not the first time. I have heard so much about Ireland - how wonderful the people are and the Guiness :-). Moreover my flatmate is an Irish, there is no reason why I shouldn't. Fly via Aerlingus (pretty impressed with their nice service) to Dublin. 3 of us in this tour, we arrived at the very nice pension house (http://www.abberleyhouse.ie/) at Dublin (5 minutes by bus to the downtown). The landlady gave us such nice hospitally and breakfast :).

We visited Dublin at the downtown - which is a nice English speaking town (stay long enough in Prague I missed the english speaking country where things are much convenient for foreigner). I like Dublin probably for this reason.

We decided to visit Galway on the next day which is simply 3 hours bus journey, we booked the trip at tourism office which is really inexpensive with a tour guide provided).

Galway is my flatmate's hometown , which I didn't realise I will visit as we decided on the spot. Beautiful town (full of colors) and relaxing atmosphere. However as a nature lover, I am fond of the Cliffs of Moher and Burren. The view at the Cliffs is spectacular. I saw something like I could only see probably in National Geography program :-). E.g. thousands of seagulls stopped by the Cliffs where underneath is the ocean, plenty of sea lions waiting for their 'foods' to be hunted. The weather was very good as we were told Galway is a rainy town.

The green and the rain of Ireland reminds me a lot about Malaysia believe it or not.

Returning to Dublin in the late evening, we planned our next day trip to visit a nice fishing village near Dublin , its called Howth. I enjoyed the walk along the cliffs and the smell of the sea. From Dublin to Howth, it's only 45 min ride by bus and the bus comes quite frequent . My overall rating for my Ireland trip is 9 out of 10. why not 10 because I have visited Norway just a month before and it was 10 out of 10 :-).
Abberley House, Dublin