Fjordtour in a nutshell : Bergen--> Flaam --> Myrdal --> Oslo

Bergen Travel Blog

Cruise to Bergen
After spending 3 days at karmoy with a friend, I headed to Bergen by bus and a cruise (1 hour) to catch the fjord tour. It was a very nice journey for me though the driver almost killed us by a sudden hard break - he almost knocked the bus to someone's car while falling into sleep :(.
I noticed it's pretty easy to travel in Norway (and safe), all you need is only common sense and English (most Norwegian are friendly and they mostly understand English). I have booked the Sognefjord ina nutshell tour on https://www.fjordtours.no and the route take me via  Bergen - Vik - Balestrand - Flåm/Aurland - Myrdal - Oslo. This is my next 5 days journey.
Arrving at Skansen pension which is a very nice pension with short walk to the famous fish market (http://www.
Cruise to Bergen
skansen-pensjonat.no/). I brought a GPS with me therefore no problem finding places even I am solo :-). I love Bergen as much as I like Haugesund, this is because seafood is my one weakness :). Scrolling to the fish market I managed to satisfy my appetide with some nice and fresh salmon (as I am not a sea lion - I cooked them at the hostel).

I took Floibanen Funicular to Mount Floyen the next morning and spending my time most of it scrolling around area of the very first buildings in Bergen were alongside the harbour called Bryggen. I enjoyed my 2 days in Bergen even it was a pity that I didn't come with anyone as there are so much to share and to see.  As I said good bye to Bergen ( which I believe I will come back again) I was on my way to Flaam - to see the fjord via a 3 hours of cruise tour.

If one would like to know what is in Flaam , please visit http://www.
Bryggen
visitflam.com/default.asp.  i am promoting Norway's tourism - ha ...)
I leave from Bergen via train to Voss, coach to Gudvangen, Boat to Flam, then at the end of my trip in Flaam, I shall jump on the Flamsbana train up to Myrdal.  On the way to Gutvagen , we stopped to take picture of the waterfall which was very nice, the valley, waterfall and the moutnains along the bus tour was remarkeable view. The boat ride to Flaam--> The fjord view was spectacular and the fresh air is really 'refeshing' :). This is the most enjoyable solo trip for me I must say .

When I arrived in Flaam -->  the hihostel I booked was just opened for 2 days. Everything was clean and new and the kitchen was very impressive.
Bryggen
I was happy for the choice though I must say Flaam is almost as nice as I could imagine. The crystal clear river, the hills, valley, waterfall and the smell of the forest , this is a wonderland, though a bit quiet and would be nice to come with lover, as I found the place could make one very romantic on it's own nature :-). The night at Flaam hihostel was not peaceful for me though as we had 3 new roomate who is a family and the mum snored pretty loud that night :-S. I took Flamsbana that left Flam for the 50 minute climb up to Myrdal. Again the secnery is stunning and what an engineering achievement this railway is. Everybody was running from left to right or from the right to the left whenever there is some nice scene that catch the eyes (almsot each 2 minute you see such thing :-)).

From Myrdal to Osol, I catch a train, alogn the journey I met a friendly Norwegian and I saw the glacier , which is the first time in my life. I enjoyed the ride a lot. In Oslo it's almost the end of my trip where I basically just chilled out at the city and catch my flight next day to Prague.

The hihostel at Flaam
The hihostel at Flaam
Flaam
Flaam
Flaam in the morning
Flaam in the morning
Flaam , the valleys
Flaam , the valleys
Flaam to Myrdal , a stop by at the…
Flaam to Myrdal , a stop by at th…
Bergen