Haworth with Haworth

Haworth Travel Blog

Haworth in Haworth:)

On our trip we had a very special stop - a village in Yorkshire called Haworth. Dave’s last name is Haworth, and it is not a funny coincidence: his family is originally from England, and Haworth was the place of their residence.  In 1920 part of the family moved to the States, and due to that Dave is not an Englishman but a Cali guy who loves tea with milk and totally crazy about fish and chips. Haworth is a special place, and I was much honored and happy Dave wanted to take me there.

It took us more than 4 hours to get to Haworth 0 it first it looked like an easy drive: sunny and warm, but the more we were up north, the colder it became. It was completely dark, as we had to leave a highway (or should I say a motorway?) and take a small road amongst moors. The view was amazing - wild and savage. I would not be surprised to see some horsed knights in shining armor passing by our carJ I was impressed.

Haworth Xmas tree
But then Dave suddenly said: “I hope the GPS is right about the direction… I don’t remember this road…and yes honey, we are running out of petrol”. It would be wrong to say I was not scared at that moment. We were alone in the middle of English nowhere! But we had no choice - the road was so narrow that we could not turn back so we continue to go ahead and then… blessing!.. I saw a sign with Dave’s last name on!!! WOOO-HOOOO!!! The second thing I saw was the Bronte Museum. They lived in the area, and it made Haworth a touristic attraction. Well, for me Haworth is a place where Dave’s family started. Sorry, Charlotte&CoJ

It was already dark when we arrived; we parked and went to explore the place. Dave’s last name on every building! I was like in the Haworth world, and I really was. Incredible! We managed to take some pics, and was trying to find a nice and warm place for dinner but people in that area have no reason to be in a hurry and open a kitchen early, so we decided we better look for a petrol station and try to get to York where we had our hotel booked.

Visiting Haworth was a very special experience for me - romantic, mysterious and historical. Thank you honey for taking me there. Hope one day we will be back.

Marinushka says:
@Dave: Yes I do and it means a lot to me
@Ian: ave and I we also have our own M&D World:) it can beat DisneyWorld for sure:)
DHaworth says:
You know the reason I brought you to Haworth :)
We will be back and next time for two days :)
Dr_Seuss says:
Don't think HaworthWorld will catch on the same as DisneyWorld though :(
Haworth church
Haworth church
I want to have my own Haworth Post…
I want to have my own Haworth Pos…
Haworth streets