Day 2 (cont.). Tasting England

Salisbury Travel Blog

Salisbury streets

Salisbury is an ancient and cozy English town but after quiet and mysterious Stonehenge it seemed to me almost like a city‚Ķ for some 20 minutes. Then we got into this small town mode and enjoyed it a lot. Salisbury is definitely a must visit in the UK. The most important attraction is Salisbury Cathedral - take your time and walk around, look at those noble knights buried there and feel the go of time. Salisbury Cathedral is also a home to Magna Carta, one of the most important documents in the history of England - something not to miss.

Salisbury is not in a hurry: we wanted to have our lunch but many places there are not open till 12 pm and even at noon they may not serve food. You can also get something at the Market Place (the main square) - but who wants to eat something too banal when travelling? So we ended up having some nice tea with very very fat cakes. English cakes are something - you can have a piece and feel like you had an entire dinner. Great thing especially for cakes lovers like usJ

The best way to explore the town is to walk around without any destinations planned - you can never get lost and hanging around and window shopping may take your entire day. Charming, traditional, full of history Salisbury is a gem in the British crown.

Marinushka says:
Thanks Lynn! I wish I could have more pics but when I started uploading them I realized all great pics are not in my camery but Dave's:) Hope he takes his time to write a blog - but professional writers are very busy:)
Posted on: Jan 31, 2010
BlueMoonAdventure says:
Ha! I am the first to comment and smile! :D Great writing, great blog Marina!! I would comment on more pics if only my connection weren't so slow. :-(
Posted on: Jan 31, 2010