Heading to India

Dubai Travel Blog

I arrived at the airport in Dubai for my flight to India a bit early. The airport was mayhem!!! What a disorganized disaster. First of all, the line to go through the first security gate was very long. At the first security gate everyone put their check-in and carry-on luggage through a scanner. That line was long. Then once past that, we had to stand in a ridiculous line for the check-in counter. There were only four counters open, but about 20 lines merging into those four counters.  Everyone kept pushing everyone. I was trying to be patient, but one gentleman pushed the wrong button. I had already waited in line for about an hour. I was next in line and a man came over and started trying to just jump in front of me. I excused myself and told him  the line was behind me. He told me I did not have luggage so he needed to put his luggage on the scale. But I was next in line…. What the hec!!! So I told him to wait his turn and just completely blocked him.

So anyway, after going through all of that, I had to go through another security check-in and through passport control. There were way too many lines and way too many people. It was a bit frustrating.

I finally arrived to my gate. When they called everyone to board the plane, they called people by assigned seating areas (like rows 20 to 30, etc.). Everyone was pushing there too. We all had assigned seats. What the hec were they all pushing for? We were all getting on the same freaking plane and we all had assigned seats. I just didn’t get it.

So far what I’ve noticed (in my extremely short time dealing with people going to India) are that there is a lack of respect for other people’s personal space.

I boarded the plane and there were just tons of people, with tons of carry-on luggage. Most of the people on the plane were males. I found this interesting. Before the plane took off, one of the flight attendants came to me and told me to show her my boarding pass. I did as requested and he said to me, we want to move the females up front to first class. So I got moved to first class. Nice!

So here I am now, in first class waiting to take off. Time to turn the computer off!

rjgalvan77 says:
Good for you on getting upgraded!! Hope your adventure in India will get better . . . Personal space!! They don't know the meaning of that in India!! ;)
Posted on: Feb 21, 2010
rrsuby25rs says:
Gotta love "free" 1st class upgrades!

PS: While you are headed to yet again, another warm country, I'm stuck here in MD getting ready to shovel ANOTHER 20" of snow. Sucks.....
Posted on: Feb 09, 2010