AsiaJapanTokyo

Arriving in Tokyo

Tokyo Travel Blog

Sign when I got off plane

My arrival in Tokyo was uneventful. I decided to wait for Larry at the airport (though it was a few hours wait) since it was Valentine’s Day. I wanted to be there to greet him. While I was waiting for his flight to arrive, I was falling asleep on a bench. I was awoken by a Japanese Police Officer who asked me for my passport. I guess I looked homeless or something sleeping at the airport while I waited for Larry to arrive.

Other than that, Larry’s flight arrived right on time. We decided to take a train into the city to the Marriott hotel where we were staying. The ride in on the subway was a bit long, but good.

We checked into the hotel and showered and freshened up a bit. Then we decided to walk around the neighborhood where our hotel is.

Larry in a kimono (these were available for us at the hotel)
We are staying in Ginza, which apparently is a very ritzy area.

Walking around was great! The air smells SOOOO clean. Everything is extremely clean, proper, organized, neat and quiet. I have not yet heard one car horn being honked yet!

The Ginza area has a nice shopping district with great billboards lit up everywhere. Think of NY City but a much cleaner and organized version.

We went to an Italian restaurant for dinner, where Larry and I laughed the entire time trying to figure out how to eat our crabs. The funny part was that we thought we ordered something slightly different, and we didn’t feel like getting messy by cracking the crabs. I think Larry was delirious from a long flight and we found the silliest stuff funny. Larry was trying to crack his crab, and I told him I felt his food was going to come flying my way, and I didn’t want to get my shirt dirty (I brought a small amount of clothes so I need to recycle some of it) and he kept laughing at that.

Now I think we’re both in need of rest.

Sign when I got off plane
Larry in a kimono (these were avai…
Larry in a kimono (these were ava…
Larry on Ginza Street
Larry on Ginza Street
Me on Ginza
Me on Ginza
Doesnt it remind you a bit of NY?
Doesn't it remind you a bit of NY?
Our hotel